Friday, January 21, 2011

Tile Art

These little pieces of art cost less than a dollar each.  The tiles were .30 cents at the home improvement store and the sea glass was 1.00 a bag at the Dollar Store.  What a fabulous piece of art for our walls.  First we sorted the pieces by colors, white, green and clear.  Then, I poured modge podge (craft glue) into little cups and gave them paint brushes.  T decided to just make a "T" and R wanted to do the same.  So I traced a R on her tile with a pencil.  She put the pieces of glass on the outline.  She wasn't quite done, so she kept adding pieces to it until there was no room left. When they dried, I hot glued a piece of ribbon to the back so we could hang them.  I think they are marvelous!





Pin It

2 comments:

Amy A @ Child Central Station said...

I passed along a blog award to you! http://childcentralstation.blogspot.com/2011/01/blog-awards.html

Darcey said...

These are pretty. I like the idea of using sea glass. I've included your post on my weekly favorites list here: http://play2grow.blogspot.com/2011/01/weekly-favorites-for-january-23-2011.html