Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Rainbow Cookies

My son told me that today would be a perfect day to make cookies.  I think any day is good day to make them and so that is what we did.  I saw these cookies at HERE
and thought they looked super fun.  So we measured out the ingredients.  I used my mom's sugar cookie recipe.  It is really easy but you could always use the box cookie mix too.  I included the recipe below.  My kids love to pour and use the mixer.  Then we divided the dough up and colored it, his blue, hers pink....yes, they picked their own colors.  We left one patch white.  We rolled them out and put them in the fridge for about 1/2 hour.  Then we stacked them and rolled them, sliced them into circles and baked.  Delish!  Math, sensory, cooking, colors all rolled up into one.....forgive the pun! 




2 eggs, beaten
2/3 c oil
3/4 c sugar
1 tsp vanilla
mix together
2 c flour
1/2 tsp salt
1tsp baking powder
add to wet ingredients
bake at 375 degrees
Pin It

1 comment:

innocence26 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.