Sunday, January 2, 2011

Ohhh, So Messy, Flour and Baby Oil

I got this idea from Lisa Murphy.  You should check her out at Ooeygooey.com
 We combined a cup of baby oil and 2 cups of flour in a pan.  The kids stirred it up and then we added some color.  It looks a lot like cookie dough.  It has a super cool consistency and made our hands nice and soft.  When R began getting her hands into it, my son made himself scarce.  He isn't big on getting his hands dirty, so I put some in a Zip lock baggie so he could have a sensory experience too.  He was much happier with it this way and my daughter had so much fun mixing and slathering.  This is super messy.  We put a towel down and that didn't help much.  We will do this outside next time.  It does clean up really easy.






Pin It

4 comments:

Mari said...

Great activity, thankx. We will have to try this out.

btw, following blog, but it says follow twitter with no link, is there one, or email subscribe i am missing? I wouldn't want to miss any more fun. Thankx

Time For Play said...

Oh Mari....thanks for letting me know. I am trying to fix the link. Yes, I am on Twitter and Facebook too. Time for Play on both. Thanks for following!

Deborah Stewart said...

I haven't tried flour with baby oil. I am definitely adding it to my to do list! Thank you for linking to Every Day Sensory Play!

Deborah Stewart said...

I haven't tried flour with baby oil. I am definitely adding it to my to do list! Thank you for linking to Every Day Sensory Play!