Thursday, July 7, 2011

(Sort of) Stretchy Play Dough

When I saw this recipe in one of my books, I had to give it a try. It is suppose to be stretchy dough but didn't come out how I thought it would.  It is still more elastic than most play dough.  It feels similar to cookie dough.  We didn't add any color but next time we will.  My kids loved playing with this dough.  It feels really nice and doesn't dry out your hands like the dough made with salt.  In fact, it makes your hands nice and soft...and a little greasy.  We saved it in a baggie to use another day, and when I took it out the oil had seeped out, so just be aware of that if you make this.  Here is the recipe if you want to try making your own.
4 cups of flour
1 cup of oil
1 cup of water (add color to the water if you want colored play dough)
That's it....simple huh?





Pin It

1 comment:

Unknown said...

looks like great fun! we'll have to try this one for sure-

new follower from Play linkup