Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Velcro, Craft Sticks and Bottle Lids...Oh My!

So while I was browsing around Pinterest, I saw a picture of some craft sticks with Velcro on them.   I didn't pin it but it stayed in my head.  I saw these Velcro circles at the dollar store so I decided to try making some.  I used a dab of hot glue when sticking the Velcro on, even though they did have sticky backs, just to reinforce them.  I also added some Velcro to some bottle lids. T designed  and created all afternoon with these.  Super fun!





Pin It

10 comments:

Ticia said...

Oh, that's a great idea!

Laura said...

What a cute idea! I am sharing on FB and pinning this. I saw some velcro packs at the dollar store. My son will love this.

LeeanneA said...

Oh awesome - I'm gonna share as well - over on Kreative Resources! :)

Nicole {tired, need sleep} said...

Ooh - love this! What a simple and fast way to make something fun!

Gail S said...

That would be great for in the car! So putting that in my bag of tricks for our next road trip. Time to start saving lids again.

Anonymous said...

Now, that is an awesome idea! I'm pinning. :)

Katey said...

That's a terrific idea! I don't have any velcro circles at the moment, but I may try adhesive magnets!

Unknown said...

What a great idea... Thank you for sharing... I always seem to have the bottle lids and want to do something with them....

Anu Ganesh said...

Awesome idea!! I have seen a similar activity with craft sticks and magnets but I don't a have magnetic board!! Never thought about using velcro!!! Thanks for the idea :)

Anonymous said...

I just started working at a daycare. There are 3 children that are quite older than the rest and I could save time by showing them how to make these for a center. Because they are older, the toys in our room are not always old enough for them, so they might have fun being my prep people for this