Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Rock Houses

If you have been following me for any length of time, you know that I am all about recycling and cheap!  I don't know if I can get any cheaper than this and my kids love this play set.  We washed out some juice and milk cartons, cut them in half and painted them with craft paint.  Then, we cut doors into our little "houses" and added some little details.  Next, we went out into the yard in search of some smallish rocks.  We looked for ones that we were able to stand up.  Then we painted those, added googly eyes and drew on mouths.  Voila!  Done and done.  Cute little play houses for our little pet rocks.  So fun, so cheap and recycling at the same time.  What's not to love??





Pin It

4 comments:

heather segars said...

I just linked this on my blog because I thought it was such a wonderful and doable craft with the kids. Thanks so much for the idea!

Lana in MI said...

Love it! Fun stuff! I pinned it! Hope that is OK!
Lana in MI

Time For Play said...

Hi Lana! yep, feel free to pin away! Glad you liked it.

Cacheymama said...

Congrats, your post has been featured on T.E.A.C.H. at Cachey Mama’s Classroom. Click HERE to see and grab a featured button.
Lori @ Cachey Mama’s Classroom