Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Get Crackin'

My kids love to crack the eggs when we are cooking.  So, it gave me this idea. I poured a small amount of (watered down) paint into plastic eggs..  I didn't match the color of paint to the egg just to add to the element of surprise, but you could certainly do so.  I put paper in a box lid just to contain the paint.  Then I handed them over to the kiddos!  This was a blast and I couldn't fill up the eggs with paint fast enough.  A fun way to strengthen those muscles needed for writing along with some great creativity. 







Deborah over at Teach Preschool  had this same exact idea.  Her kids extended this a bit with some rolling and dabbing.    Such a great process.  Hop on over and check out their work too!
Pin It

1 comment:

Deborah Stewart said...

I love it! We tried this in our classroom today too! It was quite a bit messier with our group! LOL!